Thursday 26 December 2019

Aime Comme Marie Must Have, woven to knit

I made this very early on in my sewing adventures, see here.
I had to print and cut the pattern again as I hadn't saved the pdf pieces.  So I was pretty shocked to discover that it has no seam allowances. WTF?  As a beginning sewist I guess I had no preconceived idea about adding seam allowances and thought it was quite a lark...

Anyway my thoughts were in the direction of making a knit raglan tee without buying a new pattern.
First up I made it in a woven, size S per the size chart.  I added length to the sleeves (about an inch) and about 2 inches or so to the centre back seam. It's not very exciting but it's going to a friend of mine who lives in the desert, and it fits really well.








For the knit version I probably should have taken out some fabric, but I stuck to the pattern.  I folded out the dart and added a neckband. This knit has some linen in it and is quite drapey. 








 


Unsurprisingly, by this point I had kind of lost interest in any further modifications (my attention span is too short!) I remembered that I don't need any more tshirts.  I was not particularly enthused with this one, since it's rather oversized and I already have a bunch of oversized hemlocks, and it just sat around until my photos, at which point I realise I did judge it rather harshly. It is comfortable and simple.  I think I could just take some volume out from the centre front and back seams to get a more fitted top and I would be happier with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment