Friday, 13 January 2017

Stepping stone cowl


I chose this project to make use of the yarn. When I bought my very first sweater yarn in Delft, I couldn't resist this yarn, but with all the moving, I didn't keep the label.  It's a pretty bulky yarn, and was recommended for size 11 US needles.  

I looked for a pattern that would be easy but would take advantage of the variegated colors of the yarn, and I found this cowl. It recommended size 12 US needles, but otherwise seemed to fit my specifications pretty well.  

I cast on using the size 12 needles and I thought that it was fine, so I carried on with them. Unfortunately, I cast on at work and wasn't paying attention when I put it into the round, so it had a twist in it that I didn't catch for about 7 rows.  I had to frog and start over.  

Other than that mishap it was an easy make.  One of the nurses at work really liked it so I gave it to her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment