Monday 28 September 2020

Sew Liberated Hinterland dress, toile

 The flexibility of this dress grew on me slowly. I tend to be wary of things that have sleeves and are made of wovens.  I made the size 2 after a thorough internet search. I saw that the ease was going to be enough...probably. But maybe not.  However my size 4 metamorphic really is big, and that also pushed me to size down.

I didn't have much enthusiasm as I made this, it seemed quite blah and I also assumed it was going to not fit well, or not fit AT ALL. I totally expected my first attempt to be a bad muslin. The fabric is nice - it's a double gauze that I think I got from Miss Matabi on her etsy store.

I didn't do a button placket, but I added about 2 cm to the centre front to make up for it.


Lo and behold, this dress fits me perfectly. The issues others had with shoulders seem to create a perfectly fitting sleeve for me.  Adding about 2 cm was a good amount, I can get it over my head and the front isn't tight.
 





Now that I've made this and confirmed the fit I can also confirm that without the front placket it's pretty boring.  I have plans for summer and am just waiting on having a space to sew again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment