Sunday 15 March 2020

Deer and Doe Nenuphar review

There are pattern companies that just suit each of us, and Deer & Doe is that for me.  It's so rare that I need to make adjustments to their patterns, and their style often really suits me. 

Also, I had a huge idea for my Nenuphar, and I needed to do a muslin to make sure that my vision was realistic.  This has been in the plans for awhile but I needed a second fabric and I kept struggling to make a colour match that suited me. (Has since been found, hooray!)  I finally got too curious to see this pattern put together, so I did a version out of Japanese seersucker for a friend of mine. It's view A with no changes. I made size 36.  In general that is what I wear in D&D though occasionally it's tight across the back. I assumed the ease built in would be enough.  Initially I thought the upright pockets on this would be impractical to put hands in, but they are actually just right.







This was a pattern that was just a total joy to put together.  Despite the fact that the seersucker, being wrinkly, stretched at times, everything came together just right, and quickly and the final fit is perfect.  It has totally inspired me to go ahead and make the one I've planned for myself!  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete