Monday 28 September 2020

Elizabeth Suzann Harper Tunic

 I wasn't really going to make this but I was on an ES binge after I got the patterns.  People made versions on Instagram. Those versions were so very lovely.  I changed my mind! It was right after making my first Georgia top and I thought I should go with the larger size (OS instead of OSM) so that's what I did. This is a piece of beautiful linen from The Fabric Store. Top? Dress? hm....

The pattern is easy to put together, however the pocket can only go one way....so if you fold the top down wrong you end up with a left side pocket instead of a right side pocket, oh well.  I mucked up the pocket folding too so it ends up gaping a little bit, but it's deep enough that it will still hold objects. 

To my surprise, I love this top!  But I'm not entirely sure how to style it yet.  It's a work in progress, and we seem to be transitioning from winter to summer with the merest of spring-like pauses, so hopefully I will get to start experimenting soon.  

In the meantime, here it is with my most loved (by me, and detested by others) winter item of 2020: my sparkly moonboots. 










No comments:

Post a Comment