Sunday 12 April 2020

Making magazine no. 6: Side handle gusset tote

This pineapple fabric sits around in my stash, ever smaller, but always there.
At some point I thought I'd make this tote.  The pile of fabrics sat on my floor for awhile and finally I got annoyed with the mess.

It took about 3 hours to make.
I interfaced the lining.
For some reason I had decided to underline the outer layer with silk organza, to get used to doing so, and because I had a bunch of organza lying around.  Naturally it made things a lot more fiddly...who knows if there is a benefit!







Overall this is a really easy project. Mine doesn't have a side pocket because it's the original version from the magazine and I didn't see a side pocket option.  Despite all the interfacing it's a droopy final object, but it's kind of growing on me.

I would:
-use a fabric like canvas in the future
-not interface at all
-because it was a total pain around the corners since you couldn't ease anything

Otherwise, all good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment