Thursday 6 July 2023

Waffle Dropje long sleeve (knit) hoodie

The Waffle Dropje and I have a history.  I was really obsessed with this vest pattern (see for instance here and here and here.)  When a sleeve addition came out I was very pleased.  In my LONG sewing list, and based on all my experiments leaning towards stretch wovens, I matched this pattern with a scuba fabric in my stash.  And when it came time to finally make it, of course I realised that one metre wasn't enough for a full hoodie, and I kind of forgot that this is a woven pattern, not a knit hoodie, and I pulled out this really stretchy double faced knit fabric.  It's from a destash by Lizzy in Port Macquarie.  I had it pink side out and kind of didn't like it, but as I was sewing I realised how much I loved the oatmeal face.  








It was, however, also very early in the sewing process that I realised this was massive on me. I had made the size 36, as in my many previous forays, 34 was too small (but in a woven!!) ... MASSIVE. I still went through with it.  I used a Riri zip.  I lined all my vests, so I had never followed the instructions before and done the facing.  I don't like it, and in a woven item I think it's better to just line it, but the instructions were clear enough (I like Waffle's instructions.) 







I have a new housemate and she's into slouchy, oversized things.  She has claimed this right away.  The fact that it was going to easily find a new home did get me through the more onerous finishing bits of the hoodie; it's not that fun to finish a project when you realise it is kind of a loss.  And interestingly enough I feel kind of done with this pattern now, like I've plumbed it's depths and gone as far as I want to go.  

I can't really speak to how well the arm fit is with the new sleeve addition since my knit was super roomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment