Monday, 3 August 2026

Made more Arthur pants, still working towards perfection

 So I lied about not making more Arthur pants.  Right after my first pair I got the pattern pieces out and changed where I had shortened things.  

I shortened the rise by 2" and shortened the legs by 1". I didn't change size. 

I made a pair in knit fabric.  I really can't tell the difference because it's a heavy velvet knit and there's so much fabric everywhere that they feel just as big as the first time around.  Oh well.  Better make more.  










So for the third time I also trimmed an edge of the curve, I left the pockets alone, and trimmed a max of 1 cm off the side pieces below that.  I made this pair in some luscious linen from a sample sale.  It's so beautiful.  I love it so much.  I love these so much.  I wore them on my trip to Europe where it was hot and I think the crotch is just a tiny bit droopy but otherwise they are winners and in a fabric store in Bern I even impressed the shop ladies who were inspired to take down the pattern name and research further.  BUT I think I can still take out a lot of volume from the side leg.  

 










So I did that, this time I went ahead and cut the curve down including the pocket.  I reshaped the pocket opening to be the same, but the result is that I loose some of the front waistband - maybe about 2 cm.  I had another length of linen from the sample sale and I thought I should do my experiments with fabric that shows the shape, so here we are.  










 

I think I am finally really happy with this shape.  It's still got a curve but it's not exaggerated.  The slightly smaller waist makes just a bit less volume on the front.  Maybe the back has too much volume but I can't see it so I don't care.  I wanted to immediately make a lovely loungey pair but they are still pretty big consumers of fabric, so I didn't have enough grey knit after cutting out a new singlet.  I am visiting the States...maybe I need some special trip fabric?  

Also my tops in grey and pale green are both cropped Blomma tanks.  They are my new favourite things ever for winter, because I can wear them with all my new high waisted pants and my cropped sweaters that I have been making.   

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment