Wednesday 3 July 2019

Strata top, by Sew Liberated

I was not planning to talk about this...I posted about it on Instagram with a comparison of the Botany and the Strata top.  But then I made another one and it seems worth a bit of proper documentation.  I used size XS.

Here's the first one:





Linen.
I kind of liked it and I kind of didn't like it.  I wore it a lot and then gave it to a friend and then kind of missed it.  But really the main issue is the stupid wrinkling under the arm from the curve of the kimono sleeve.

However I had a Vision! It involved slippery rayon.  And so I cut the thing out before leaving Flagstaff to cement my Vision!

Some major ironing-rehabilitation plus a mere few hours:






(This rayon clearly will want after ironing-rehabilitation all the time, but it's not getting any more!)


The problem, of course, is that I desperately wanted this in February when I moved here.  It was hot.  I was hot.  I got a sunburn.  I'm not hot anymore.  But it's still cute.  I still like the Botany top more but I have not yet conflated the two patterns into a sleeveless but high low hem top - which is going to happen eventually.  This type of sleeve is not very useful in the winter because it can't be layered easily - you need a really wide top to go over it and I mostly have pretty fitted sweaters and cardigans.


No comments:

Post a Comment