Wednesday 6 May 2020

Thread Theory Jedediah pants

My cousin saw my velvet persephone pants last year and was inspired. He wanted me to make him some pants.

I bought various fabrics at Mood and chose the best contender.  I don't recall what they were, but this is a soft cotton twill that is brushed on one side and has a slight twill weave on the other.  The soft side is nice but it attracts all the dust, so I opted for that side in.

I cut this out in January before I moved and would have loved to have time to complete the pants, but of course once I moved I didn't sew and then once I sewed I had so many UFOs and it wasn't til Jason saw my jeans in September that he started to whinge a bit and I thought I better get on with it.

Here they are:








Making stuff for men is pretty easy. They tell you a waist measurement, and eventually an inseam, and you cut the size belonging to that waist measurement and then you cut that inseam.  I added some moderately subtle detailing on the pockets and lots of labels on the inside.

Here is proof of a happy owner:





In terms of the instructions, I recall them not being very good, but my memory is now fuzzy.  I have made pants a few times and so any confusion that I had was allayed by experience even if the instructions themselves were not easy to follow.  My cousin likes the pants but he thought there was too much shaping at the hips and wants them a bit straighter, so I will probably make them again sometime in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment