Tuesday 5 May 2020

Tilly & the Buttons Zadie dress, upcycled take 2

I made this dress just about a year ago, using upcycled tshirts and size 3, which matched my measurements on the size chart. See it here.

It was huge and it was long. (Oops I didn't shorten for the second version 4" like I said I should.)
I didn't like it at all, I didn't enjoy the process. I felt like I was over this dress before I started - my enthuasiasm for it was years ago and I just couldn't get there again.

But I still felt like I had to try again.
So take 2, in more upcycled tshirts, size 1, (I match size 3 on the size chart) with a 1/2" shortening through the bodice.
I'm not sure I needed to shorten it. The skirt felt proportionally too long, though overall the fit was good.

I would recommend sizing down if you are between sizes, but not by 2 sizes. The tshirt jersey is much thinner than the ponte type jersey recommended for this pattern.

I knew pretty early on that I hated this pattern.  I loved the main tshirt I was using, and I think initially I'd hoped I would love the dress. It didn't happen.  I just don't suit this style anymore.  The instructions are still ok, I still hate instructions with color photos.  I did a lot of shortcuts because quality wasn't on my radar.






This is wearable.


Also, after about 8 months as a pile on my floor under my sewing table, it's gone, and that was the main benefit of finally working through it.  Thank god...for lockdown? The pile of UFOs under my table is magically GONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment