Saturday 23 May 2020

Paper Theory LB top


As I was prepping this pattern, which was totally a late night spur of the moment purchase (I blame everything on night shifts!!)  I berated myself for buying another shapeless, drop shoulder top.  Don't I already have more than one similar pattern? I mean I have the Califaye Rumi top, and the Toaster sweater...I suppose they are all a tiny bit different. Meaningfully different.  Somehow.

Luckily the simplest patterns can hide some magic, and on accident I got this one right. The fabric is a knit jacquard from The Fabric Store, it's a blend with merino, but I'm not sure what else. The combo of this fabric and this pattern is just perfect. Alone I think the pattern might be a bit boring, but the fabric livens it up.  Because it's an airy pattern, it would also be good for those rather heavy warm knits, that will boil you alive if they are too fitted. 

I made size 8, which matched my measurements.

It's a very technically simple top and it didn't take long to make. I was so satisfied that I immediately riffled through my stash for a scrap to make a woven sleeveless version.










The sleeveless version is made of silk noil.  It's great!
It...also looks quite a bit like other tops I've made recently like the Strata top and the Botany top.



Here it is under the Botany top - it's wider and longer, but without the curved hem or the curved underarm of the Strata.



Overall a simple pattern that's surprisingly versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment