Monday 12 February 2024

Friday Pattern Co Wilder dress review

 I have been planning to make this dress for years!  My enthusiasm ramped up when I saw pictures of it without the bottom tier - thinking this would have so much interesting potential.  I also was dreaming of see-through dresses with an underneath tank dress.  Last summer I even committed and bought some Liberty voile on sale, since of course I never buy 3m of fabric unless I am reminded to do so by a specific pattern.  

And finally it's the middle of summer again, and I had the time to put it together.  It was a fun and effortless sew.  I made XS, knowing that this pattern is very oversized. I hoped my shoulders wouldn't be too much for the smaller size but it has a lot of ease.  The fabric is well behaved and it came together without any problems.  I did want to add pockets, but I couldn't figure out exactly where they should go so I decided to save that for future renditions.  











 

It was fun to make and I think it's pretty hilarious, as oversized floppy muumuu type things go.  As anticipated I really hate the neck finish/long dangling ties.  I think on future versions I'll just stick elastic in the neck instead.  Definitely without the bottom tier, and definitely with great big pockets.  Also I have seen a sleeveless hack and I would be up for that - so this pretty much went as I expected.  I don't know how much I'll wear it in life - it go out a few times while I was in Fiji but overall I expect it to spend most of its time in my closet - but I want to do some experiments and see if I can get it to work for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment