Saturday 4 September 2021

Misusu shift tee review

I was in full tshirt mode when this pattern came out and I was also still so enthusiastic about my Dia sweaters that I bought this right away. 

Because I hadn't sorted out my recent print shop issues, I printed this at home. Be warned: 75+ pages and many of them are blank.  I appreciate inclusive sizing but I am waiting for it to be improved on with multiple nesting options on pdfs, so that you have the option to choose a nest of limited sizes and print fewer pages.  However this pattern does list what pages you need for each option (long or short sleeves of the two different views) so you can limit extra pages if you pay attention. 

I made size BB. 
Because my fabrics are scraps and all are rayon and quite drapey, I made version A because I didn't want to do to much hemming with my sewing machine.

View B with the shaped hem will benefit from a firm jersey so that it can handle the sewing machine stitching instead of overlocking or coverstitching the hem. 








Between buying the pattern and making it I kind of lost interest - maybe I've finally just gotten done with tshirts for awhile?  (Is that possible??)  It really didn't help, the 75 pages to tape together.  In fact when I finally did it and cut out the top and made it I was suprised how simple it is.  I like the ingenious way of making a raglan top and the fit is fine.  I shortened it by 1" because my spotted fabric wouldn't fit unless I did that, and I cut the cropped version.  Note it's not very short or cropped on me...  

I like it more than I expected but my enthusiasm is still low.  I think this pattern will deserve another look when I have some firm jersey and want to try the split hem option, because that's really very cute and original.  

No comments:

Post a Comment