Tuesday 14 September 2021

Sophie Hines axis tank review

I had read a few reviews of this pattern and was interested but not sure whether I would ever wear something like this.  I have lots of sports bras and I don't really like uncovering my midsection.

But I had this really small piece of pretty fabric from Blended Threads and one day decided I needed it to be this top...bra...thing.  I have no idea how I'll wear this.  I figured I needed to just have it, and then figure it out. 

I made Size 4-6/S. 

This fabric is beautiful but I got a precut and I was trying to be stingy about shipping so I did stupid things like buy half meters of fabric.  Eyes rolling.  It's cotton spandex and has a good recovery.   I read the instructions and actually did what they said, and thus discovered this magical thing - the 3 step zig zag!!  I discovered it last in about 2014 and was totally excited by it for a year or so, and then I think I haven't done the ol three step since.  So it featured heavily here.



 


Then I figured I was on a binge and I should experiment.  It does not take much fabric - I still have half the width of that half meter cut!  So I went over to the dark side with some rib.  I had traced the XXS but didn't use it and yep, should have used it, this one is pretty loose.  Luckily I have a neighbor who does yoga and it fit her perfectly (before I got photos!). 

Finally I moved on to merino for the high neck version. To my surprise I LOVE this.  I might need to make another one like this before I put away the pattern, and maybe in something really compressive and secure.  Cause ugh, definitely not in merino.  The rolling little shits of bands made me nearly have a breakdown.  I also recommend double layering this in merino because it's quite loose, the bottom band is actually not snug at all.  The pictures make it look like my boobs are gonna fall out the sides but they feel secure enough. 






Now...I think what I need is some overall/dungaree things to wear over these tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment