Wednesday 4 September 2019

Verb for Keeping Warm Endless Summer tunic, round 2

When I got this textured dobby cotton fabric from Miss Matabi I knew I wanted to make this Verb tunic.  I thought the heavier weight of the fabric would make it into a dress or a great layering top.  I cut it out and then away it went into the black hole of travel!  I actually thought about it quite a bit in the intervening time and I was sad a few times not to have it.  So I expected it to be really amazing.

I made the smallest size.

This is pretty easy to put together and I used the overlocker a lot to get a nice finish.  The corners of the back yoke can be tricky to get lined up just right, but in general I think it's not something you see from very far away.

My previous version, here, was in cotton lawn and it was beautiful but so lightweight I just wasn't sure what to do with it.  I gave it to my cousin.












The pockets are a bit low for me, but the fit on this is otherwise good. I obviously didn't remember the bit about the pockets so as to fix it this time around. I think this is a nice way of using a pretty piece of cotton lawn for a summer top, but overall I'm not that convinced by it.  I passed it on to my sewing friend Tessa who is wider in the hips.  It looks great on her - might be better suited to people who are more full figured.


No comments:

Post a Comment